Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > The Crusaders > The Village of ANCHOR

Hansel Wong

Placing on the ground the box of eggplants he was holding, Bob Basic dusted his hands on the bright pink apron around his waist before bowing in reply.

"I have met Melnisians before; they are dangerously annoying. And I am inclined to believe the less-than-optimistic rumors about their homeworld and hospitality. Therefore, I would like to ask some pertinent questions about this convenient request;

Where exactly are we going in Melnisia?

Who will we be dealing with in that particular area of Melnisia?

What are some of the biological weaknesses of Melnisian physiology?

Who else have the Monastery approached?

And why is the Monastery of the Worlds interested enough in Melnisia to send an expedition to that place? What, exactly, is the Monastery looking for that it can't find anywhere else, and is willing to trust, and risk, the kind of people who are willing to go there?"

Bob bows again and picks up the box.

"I would like to hear the details, would you care for tea in my laboratory?"

--
February 12, 2017 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

The Sann bows.

"I have alas heard similar. Tea would be delightful Bob Sann."

"I do not know, I have never been there. That is one of the things that I wish you to find out." (The Sann cuts himself slightly)

"Again, these are the things that we seek to learn."

"As a monk that is not something I have been blessed with knowing, though it may be useful to find out"

"As yet, just yourself, though the request has gone out in general"

And why is the Monastery of the Worlds interested enough in Melnisia to send an expedition to that place? What, exactly, is the Monastery looking for that it can't find anywhere else, and is willing to trust, and risk, the kind of people who are willing to go there?"

"The Monastry of the worlds exists to study the other places. However, we are not ourselves rich in the resources of faith with the Made. Thus we are happy to use any body willing to go to fulfil our needs.

We seek to gain items to evaluate, skins, seeds, flowers, etc. things we can study to understand the worlds better"

February 13, 2017 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hansel Wong

Gideon at February 13, 2017 at 12:24 PM

The Sann bows.

"I have alas heard similar. Tea would be delightful Bob Sann."

"I do not know, I have never been there. That is one of the things that I wish you to find out." (The Sann cuts himself slightly)

"Again, these are the things that we seek to learn."

"As a monk that is not something I have been blessed with knowing, though it may be useful to find out"

"As yet, just yourself, though the request has gone out in general"

"The Monastry of the worlds exists to study the other places. However, we are not ourselves rich in the resources of faith with the Made. Thus we are happy to use any body willing to go to fulfil our needs.

We seek to gain items to evaluate, skins, seeds, flowers, etc. things we can study to understand the worlds better"

The story sounded innocent enough. But innocence has ever been the cloak to the deceit's wicked dagger. I smelt a rat, but I'm unfortunately no ratcatcher. if I wanted the truth, I was going to have to risk a finger or two.

"Your request," I said over a fresh batch of Darjeeling, "coincides with my own intentions, the gardens aims to be a representation of the five worlds united in the face of a new age. The Melnsians are a part of the forest for better or for worse."

Of course, I wasn't going to go in unprepared. Already I was dictating the letters and requests I was going to require for this trip; cures and antidotes, tricks and poisons, a visiting gift, can't forget that. I wonder if Octavius is free? Should write and ask. I was going to need supplies as well, and since I'm going looking for trees, I turned to my guest and said.

"I'm gonna need a big axe."

--
February 17, 2017 at 6:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

The Sann bows over his tea watching you carefully.

"That is why I came to you, your garden here is similiar to that which we are creating in the Monastery of Worlds. The Creators have built us all for a reason, and it seems at the moment yours blends well with ours. I have never been to Melnisia and neither have any of our bretherin, though we hear rumours of depravity.

I wish you good fortune, and if you feel that an axe will be needed, an axe will be supplied.

May I stay a while and give survice in your garden while we await any further aid? It is very beutiful and my position at the monastery has made me adept at the growth of things."

February 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Katharina

Around the same time a rather tired and somewhat grimy around the edges woman entered a nearby tavern, followed by a small dog trotting at her heels. There was nothing remarkable about her as she slid in behind a table, eyes closing, leaning back with a sigh. Well, if that was as bad as unmitigated disasters got... The dog gave an annoyed little yip and her eyes sprang open. It hopped up on the bench next to her, giving her a pointed look.

"Fine..." she muttered and waved the bartender over. "I'll have - whatever's cheap and won't kill me, and my uh dog will have a pint of -"

YIP

" - fine, your finest ale."

YIP

"In a bowl. Please," she said, holding out a few coins. The bartender took them, giving her odd looks and went to get the drinks. 

"You're going to get me into trouble - more trouble - if you keep doing that," she hissed at the dog. 

The dog just gave her a smug look and, when the beer arrived, began licking his ale diligently. 

--

February 17, 2017 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hansel Wong

Gideon at February 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM

The Sann bows over his tea watching you carefully.

"That is why I came to you, your garden here is similiar to that which we are creating in the Monastery of Worlds. The Creators have built us all for a reason, and it seems at the moment yours blends well with ours. I have never been to Melnisia and neither have any of our bretherin, though we hear rumours of depravity.

I wish you good fortune, and if you feel that an axe will be needed, an axe will be supplied.

May I stay a while and give survice in your garden while we await any further aid? It is very beutiful and my position at the monastery has made me adept at the growth of things."

"The garden is at your disposal. Take your time, and good fortune on you as well." 

--
February 17, 2017 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chee
The gardens construction had been a working progress over the last month and appeared to have been nearing completion but suddenly a fresh wave of construction materials hails a great big extention to the gardens project. Within a week high walls are being constructed around this new addition and as the month come to a close, a whole new iron bar gated and walled off section of the gardens has made an appearance. Curiously, the entrance has a sign stating 'No entry. Danger of death. Authorised personnel only.'
February 20, 2017 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chee
Next to the gardens main entrance a more Sann styled building looking like a cross between a small temple and a library is being swiftly built. Once constructed it has a sign outside that displays the symbol of Anchor and states the building is the local branch of the Monastery of Worlds.
February 20, 2017 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hansel Wong

Chee at February 20, 2017 at 11:12 PM

The gardens construction had been a working progress over the last month and appeared to have been nearing completion but suddenly a fresh wave of construction materials hails a great big extention to the gardens project. Within a week high walls are being constructed around this new addition and as the month come to a close, a whole new iron bar gated and walled off section of the gardens has made an appearance. Curiously, the entrance has a sign stating 'No entry. Danger of death. Authorised personnel only.'

The roses were coming along well, and the Melnisian barbed burrows have taken well to the cadavers fresh from the local morgue. With the morning's errands done, Bob Basic locked the doors of his laboratory and headed off for the first of his day's errands; The offices of the erstwhile Darius Kane.

"Master Kane, what is that extension in the gardens for? The one with the 'no entry' thing. It would be nice if I was at least notified about such things."

--
February 23, 2017 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hansel Wong

April 27, 2017 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hansel Wong

I have achieved something. What, I do not know.

Research log; a chance experiment with the Acidic Armour Coating (new name pending; Caustic Coat? Venom Vest?)  has resulted in an interesting, new mix; a semi-hard liquid that, when hardened, takes on a flexible, impervious nature. Extremity tests (which Tamaris and Loki seemed to enjoy) showed that the material can withstand blows of severe magnitudes, Bullets to have proved impotent, although a musket is hardly a test of any significance. 

It seems that I might have inadvertently developed a new breed of armor. As thin as cloth, yet tougher than plate armor. However, further research has revealed problems; the material can only stretch so far, and the lack of discernible weight, as a result, would leave a wearer vulnerable to getting knocked onto his arse. Not to mention the trauma that could be caused by any manner of explosives.

Still, if properly mixed, I could probably develop patches of clothes lining that could be sewn into any jacket or cloth. The potential is intriguing ... 

--
July 22, 2017 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.