Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Important: AGM

FluteKat

Hello everyone, this is your club secretary!

In May we will be holding our AGM (Annual General Meeting) and the committee has decided that in order to determine where to hold it (Exeter or Southampton) we will have a poll, as we have done previously, and the location that gets the most members' votes will be the AGM location (non-members can vote on location but non-members are not eligible to vote on club matters at the AGM or stand for committee), so there will be a poll going up shortly on the Facebook group. You can also email me your location vote.

If Southampton polls higher, the AGM will be on the first Saturday of May after the day event. If Exeter polls higher, the AGM will be on the third Saturday of the month during the day as a social (there won't be an Exeter day event in May as the Candleston weekender is the following weekend).

If you are a member and wish to stand for committee, all 5 positions are up for grabs! These consist of Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Southampton Rep and Exeter Rep. Summaries of the responsibilities for each role will be available shortly on Facebook and the forums. You will require someone to nominate you for the position and someone to second that nomination, both of whom need to be members. If you are nominating someone, please ensure that they want to be nominated!

If you have any items you wish to discuss at the AGM, please message/email me directly and I will add the item to the agenda. You do not need to be a member to submit discussion topics.

Voting on the AGM location will be open until mid- to late April (we haven't set an exact last-day date yet) and you can do it either on the poll or via email. Nominations for committee positions will be open until April 12th (so in 4 weeks' time). After that date I will put up a list of nominees on Facebook, the forums and via email, and if you are unable to attend the AGM and are a member, you can email me your votes, which will be added to the total on the day of the AGM.

If you are a member and cannot attend the AGM, please email me your apologies prior to the AGM (deadline is the Thursday just before the meeting).

Membership is £25 for 12 months and can be paid at any time.

I look forward to hearing from you!

--

Sasha McLellan: musician, storyteller, mental-asylum escapee, runaway, wanderer.

March 15, 2017 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

FluteKat

Here's a link to the poll on Facebook (if you don't use Facebook, just message me on here or send me an email at [email protected] to vote on the location):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wyvernstaleslarp/permalink/10154477157681482/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wyvernstaleslarp/permalink/10154477157681482/

--

Sasha McLellan: musician, storyteller, mental-asylum escapee, runaway, wanderer.

March 20, 2017 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

FluteKat

AGM - important!

You have until midnight on April 12th (next Wednesday) to:

- vote for the location of the AGM (Exeter or Southampton; poll can be found in the Wyvernstales larp Facebook group, and I also accept votes via email at [email protected] with the subject of AGM 2017)

- nominations/seconding of members for committee positions (chairman, treasurer, secretary, Exeter Rep, Southampton Rep); nominators, seconders and the person being nominated must all be members

- submit items for discussion at the AGM.

You do not need to be a member to submit items for discussion at the AGM, to discuss them at the AGM or to vote for the location, although member votes for the location will be given priority.

On April 13th, I will put up a post in the Wyvernstales larp Facebook group and on the forum, and send out an email to members, about the location of the AGM and those nominated for committee positions (and the position for which they have been nominated). Voting for committee positions will take place at the AGM; if you are unable to attend, I will accept votes by email to the above email address with the subject of AGM 2017, up to midnight of the Thursday just before the AGM (4th May if Southampton, 18th May if Exeter). Only members are eligible to vote in committee elections. Exact location of the AGM will be decided after the location poll has closed.

If you want to be a member, you can pay at any time; it is £25 for 12 months, or instead of £25, membership is included in the 3-weekenders-for £150-deal.

--

April 5, 2017 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FluteKat

The poll for the AGM has closed and the final distribution of members' votes is Southampton 6 Exeter 5, so the AGM will be held in Southampton on Saturday May 6th. The venue has not been decided yet; we will inform you when it has been, although it will immediately follow the Southampton day event.

I am still open for agenda items to be submitted and you don't have to be a member to submit them. Voting details for committee positions will go out soon (only members can vote; you can become a member for 12 months at a cost of £25 at any time).

--

April 16, 2017 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FluteKat

AGM update information

If you are a member and cannot make the AGM (6th May, Southampton - exact location to be decided at committee meeting this evening and then we can tell you where), please submit your apologies to me either by email at [email protected] with the subject "WyvernsTales AGM 2017" or by private-messaging me on Facebook) by midday Friday 5th May, along with your votes for the 2017-18 committee. For each position you have a choice of voting for a candidate or RON ("Re-Open Nominations", if you are not happy with the candidate(s) put forward for that position).

Committee position nominations:

Chairman: Gideon Lawrence

Treasurer: Ryan Coggin

Secretary: Katherine Ruth Last

Exeter Rep: Coel Garvey

Southampton Rep: Tracy Crabb

--

April 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.