Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > New interested player

atem55

Hi,

I'm Southampton based and interested in some local LARP.  I've recently got back into Labyrinthe and have had a few dunegeons there (and another one tomorrow!). It's improved massively since i last visited, a long time ago, but I'm also looking for something abit more local.

How often and where do you run?  What are the age ranges that are allowed to play, as I have a son who is interested in coming along aswell.

Thanks,

July 1, 2017 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, the website has not been updating the forum as it should it seems!

We run one day event first saturday of the month, running at West wood on the woodbury side of the river.(Near Netley Abbey.)

We also run weekend events, so we will be missing a couple alas while we run our events in Fort Widley (Portsmouth) and Caddihoe (devon), then back to normal dates.

We allow younguns with their parents up to 15 and then signed off by their parents. 

I cut my eye teath on labby, but this is a bit different, lower hit and with some... strange... approaches to the genre.

Hope to see you along!

July 3, 2017 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

atem55

Hi,

Thanks, is there a lower age limit? Obviously I would aim to stick with him anyway!

July 5, 2017 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

Well, the youngest we have had along was 5, though they clearly didn't take part particularly!

July 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

atem55

Ah cool OK, my son is almost 9, and has been sparring with me!.  I see that the upcoming adventures are in Exeter. I'm Soton based, when is the next one up here?

July 7, 2017 at 8:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

We usually run on the first Saturday of the month, but (lousy timing I'm afraid) our next two weekenders, are... the first weekend of the month.

I am currently talking to the committee about running on a seperate weekend so that Southampton can have a day event, but if that falls through, we won't be looking at a day event up there until October.

Sorry, I'll get it sorted out ASAP.

July 8, 2017 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.