Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > The Lorians > A letter to Tyde

Millie
When in port, a letter finds its way aboard the grateful receiver and into the hands of its captain. To Captain Tyde We met some time ago when I was invited to travel on your ship for a brief time and took my leave several months ago. I am sure you are familiar with my circumstances, being a steamjack on the run from my registered owner (now deseased) and his family whom I'm sure you can imagine I'm keen to avoid. Since leaving your hospitality I have found safety In the hospital of Doctor Wessen, however on an occasion when I was forced to leave the safety of the hospital walls I was accosted by some thugs hunting for rogue steamjacks, fortunately I had someone to assist me but I live in fear of it happening again and being taken away. So my request to you is this, I require forged papers of ownership, all things considered it would only be sensible to list the registered owner as doctor wessen. I dont tend to have much to do with criminal forgerers, so the price of such papers I couldn't guess, but I am sure that you will provide me with a price you will find reasonable. However I shall need these papers to be convincing, this is my freedom on my line and I am willing to pay whatever it costs to keep it. Sincerely, Missy
September 20, 2017 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe

Missy, Your letter found its way to me. Such papers are difficult to come by. but they can be "found". my suggestion to you would be to speak to Petal if you ever see him as he represents my crew.

Regards

Capt. E Tyde

November 8, 2017 at 6:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Millie
Captain Tyde, I fear you may have misunderstood the urgency of which I require these papers. It is dangerous for me to set foot outside the hospital, let alone take a trip to Melnisian to visit petal. As helpful as your representative may be (although quite frankly with you being the captain I foolishly assumed YOU were your crews representative) I sent the letter to YOU in hope you would be able to help me, however I am beginning to fear this hope in your "resourcefulness" has been misplaced. Seeing as I have sent you a request with the payment described as "willing to pay whatever it costs" and the lukewarm (and quite frankly slow paced, despite the fact I am certain you know how urgently I require your help) reply, I can only assume you have either no real wish to help me, are unable to help me, or lack an imagination in terms of payment and my willingness to commit whatever nefarious deeds to secure my safety. I am sorry we were unable to come to an arrangement, and I will have to find help from someone else. Regards Missy.
November 8, 2017 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Millie
To Captain Tyde I am sorry we were unable to come to a deal last time, that being said I would once again like to make a deal with you, I am in need of some armour, I feel light leather armour would be best for my needs. I am willing to pay over the odds for it considering I need it at short notice before the week is out. Regards Missy
December 13, 2017 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe
To Missy, As Captain I represent my crew in far more important matters than the needs of a petty automaton. You will have your armour as I have items I no longer require. The light armour will cost you 5 gold pieces! As a final parting thought if you ever insult me again machine Mark my words it will be a decision you will regret for the rest of your existence regardless of how short a time that may be. Kind Regards Captain E Tyde
December 15, 2017 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Millie

To Mr Stanton, that price is more than adequate, I can only assume the reason you would ask for such an overpriced amount is that you and the crew you represent in such important matters are maybe a little starved of work or cashflow, so Im glad to help you in any way that I can. Be assured I did not intend to insult you, but judging from the threats and incivility that peppered your last letter I can only assume I struck some kind of nerve for which I can only apologise, I assumed a pirate captain would have slightly thicker skin than to be so easily upset.

Your words are marked captain and I shall do my best to try and not forget them but forgive me if I don’t take time out of my (now seemingly short) existence to fret over them, for im quite busy. I look forward to running into you again in the future, perhaps in which time you will have rediscovered a few of the manners you undoubtedly grew up with so you don’t feel the need to resort to more petty name calling. Either that I we can only hope you can at least discover a trace of the wit im sure you must have and at least think of some better names to call me that would at least amuse us.

Best regards

Missy

January 17, 2018 at 11:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.