Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Committee position available: Southampton Rep

FluteKat

We are looking for a new Southampton Rep! Our current rep has resigned due to personal reasons so if you're up for the role, please submit your name, with a seconder, to me, either via Private Message on Facebook, commenting on this post if you so desire, or via email at [email protected] with the subject "Southampton Rep candidate", by midday on November 15th.

For what I hope are fairly obvious reasons, the candidate should be from the Southampton area.

Requirements:

- be a paid member (if you aren't currently a member but want to be considered for the role, membership is £25 for 12 months and can be paid at any time, and if you're on a tight budget, that can be paid in instalments)

- attend committee meetings on Facebook Messenger (we have a specific conversation group, to which you will be added) every other Wednesday for about 2 hours

- help with setup at weekend events such as the sign-in/-out sheet, taking medical/emergency contact details, etc

- help organise things, such as finding sites for future weekend events, advertising, etc

- be a port of call for concerns, suggestions, positives and other feedback from participants

- be awesome!

If you think you can do this, we would love to hear from you!

Finally I would like to say a MASSIVE thank-you to Tracy, who has served as Southampton Rep since the role's creation 18 months ago. You have been utterly awesome, worked really hard and it's been a pleasure working alongside you.

--

Sasha McLellan: musician, storyteller, mental-asylum escapee, runaway, wanderer.

October 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FluteKat

Good evening! This is an update on the vacant Southampton Rep position.

Due to the level of interest in the position, we are bringing forward the nomination deadline to 4pm this Friday (03/11/17), so if you're a member (or pay your membership by 4pm Friday) you can still be nominated, with a fellow member seconding you. After that I will list the candidates and their reasons for standing, and members will be able to vote until midday November 15th, in order to allow the successful candidate to be in place by the next committee meeting.

At 4pm this Friday, voting will open, and members can send me the name of their choice via email at [email protected] with the subject "Southampton Rep vote", private-message me on Facebook, via text or written down if you are attending the Southampton day event this Saturday. The important thing is that I have it in writing so I can tally the votes.

Thank you!

--

Sasha McLellan: musician, storyteller, mental-asylum escapee, runaway, wanderer.

November 1, 2017 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.