Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > Rules Discussion and Ideas > Interesting...

Gideon
Site Owner

Out of interest, I have been rereading the rules...

Anyone else knotice: the rules as you download them at the moment say that Tough as Nails stop you taking the debilitating effects of ANY three hits?

Also, Awakener can only be taken once for each skill list?

And that regeneration is a 30 secon wait then you can get up from anything?

Wierd...

April 14, 2015 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Embleton

Well you wrote those rules! They also say that poison takes you down straight away

--

Verris Harle: Legate Ironwood: Mercenary Melnisian with a forte for unnecessary violence and is definitely not Verris at all... nope

Lazarus: Minorly renowned thug, mercenary and hater of slavery. Now with guns!

Doctor Francis Newton Stein: Just a chap with medical skills... who runs an asylum.

April 14, 2015 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Coelossus

ahhh poison, people with stacks and stacks of poison and carrying on without a care in the world.

April 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

Yeah, we changed Poison, but it does need to be changed again, people are ignoring the Golden Rule: Roleplay

April 15, 2015 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

(And we have changed the Rules a couple of times since this rule book, and simply noted them in erata on this forum)

April 15, 2015 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave the clueless

Also appear to be 2 different versions of rules 2.0 floating around.  Nice to see somethings got changed without a rulebook update though.  Makes me feel better on getting confued with some of the rules despite coming down for ages.

--

I am Sir Richard DeGaunt, slayer of foes and thrower of dead bodies!

April 15, 2015 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

The one on the website, is the one thats valid

April 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

{{Tough as Nails stop you taking the debilitating effects of ANY three hits?}}

Does that allow someone who is Tough As Nails to take a Strike and not go directly to Surgery?

Does that allow someone who is TAN to ignore a Shatter on their shield?

If so feels like the Luck ability looses out: In that the advantage of Luck was that allowed you to ignore all of the effects of a bullet, whereas TAN only gave Hit Points.

_

Pete

April 16, 2015 at 3:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

Currently, it is as its been played: 3 additiional floating hits, if you get hit by a strike or a shatter you drop.

What really interested me though was actually the rule about Awakener, because I always thought you couldnt take more than two (this is the system thats been around for a year +) but was told I was wrong, and not being the best memory for rules: I just assumed they where right, even though it seemed rather hard and I made a note to change it when I got a chance. Except I already had...

April 16, 2015 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

{{Currently, it is as its been played: 3 additiional floating hits, if you get hit by a strike or a shatter you drop. }}

Yep - that feels right. But it's not what "Tough as Nails stops you taking the debilitating effects of ANY three hits" means... ;)

-

I think, maybe, rather than limit the number of times Awakener can be purchased, how about saying it can only be applied once to a given act of spell casting, and needs a 5 min rest period before being used again?

That way multiple purchases of Awakener apply only to casters whoare using more than 1 spell in an encounter, and each sucessive purchase becomes "less valuable" as the odds of needing it decrease.

Same too for Life Saver, Artisan and other "re-pull" skills.

_

Pete

April 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

I know thats not what it means, that is why we dont play it like that! It was a moment of madness I can only assume.

That actually makes a lot of sense, it also stops people buying loads of life saver and being mad.

April 16, 2015 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

{{also stops people buying loads of life saver and being mad.}}

Means if you've got multiple people down you may need to prioratise who gets your re-pull... Hopefully making things more interesting.

April 16, 2015 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

{{Also, Awakener can only be taken once for each skill list?}}

Just pulled up the rule book that's on the website.

Tough as Nails, Awakener, Lucky, Life Saver, Regeneration, Spell Craft, Artisan, & Book Worm are all marked with a * symbol.

The narrative for the * symbol says "Can be taken if the skill appears on more than one skill list" 

a) I'd guess this is meant to be Can be taken once from each skill list this skill appears on.

b) Most of these skills only appear to be on a single skill list, making this notation somewhat redundant?

_

Pete

April 21, 2015 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

Why do I have a HORRIBLE feeling that I got half way through writing that bit of the rules, got called away to something, came back and got the symbols mixed up....?

April 21, 2015 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

The joy of being a ref? Whenever you're halfway through *anything* something else crops up.... ;)

April 22, 2015 at 1:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BlueTressym

I took that * to mean I couldn't have Life Saver more than once, since it is only on one list.  As I also thought Awakener and Regen could be taken more than once it seemed Life Saver was restricted somewhat arbitrarily. 

Also, just puting errata on here means you rely on people knowing to check here and that shouldn't really be assumed, especially if people haven't been told that such is the case.  Must we check here every week in case someone changed something while we weren't looking? 

Some clarification would be appreciated. 

--

April 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
True. though to be honest: since the social rank & lots of the trading/plot is done on here, it should be checked before the event anyway.
April 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.