Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > Rules Discussion and Ideas > New Rules broken up

Gideon
Site Owner

I have put a huge amount of the new rules on the Wyvernstales fb group (because that means that that I could put it up in peaces. 

If you want to have a look: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wyvernstaleslarp/

May 9, 2015 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Poison doesn't feel like it's working as intended (though I could be wrong).

The "tactical" approach was simply to wait until a person needed surgery, then cure all of the poison they had taken (using a single antidote, regardless of how poisoned the casualty was) and then perform surgery.

----

Paralysis being permanant until treated feels harsh and leads to situations where there's no urgency to killing someone who is just standing around. Maybe make it something like 30 seconds? Long enough that you're taken out of a fight, but short enough that there's a chance it'll wear off if no one does anything to the victim.

---

5 mins still feels like too much time to spend doing anything & everything - it is a long time. Could we try with 2 mins?

----

Homesteads: Production & Workshop giving Social Rank feels almost too good. Do you think there may be some mileage in having an entirely seperate form of homestead "Estates" which only grant SR?

_

Pete

May 27, 2015 at 5:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Just realised I forgot to say

Downtimes in the mornings worked really well from my perspective.

I'd guess they were a bit of a pain to have to referee, as doing them meant not being able to brief crew etc, but it was a very positive thing from my "player's viewpoint".

It meant people's actions were fresh in my head, so I could vote characters up or down accordingly.

It meant people could broker deals with crafters to get stuff during the event.

It enabled shnanigans such as the Monday morning Raid to occour.

Only downside I could see was that not everyone knew they could do it, but that's just one of those things.

_

Pete

May 30, 2015 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Amara

i agree the downtime in the mornings was a great idea. i didnt know about it untill the saturday evening though. 

June 3, 2015 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert
In regards to voting and morning downtime, it's great, but poor gidion really is run of his feet. Having someone to delicate tasks like morning downtimes or rituals would remove a lot of the pressure and give Gideon more time to go brief crew. Ofc said person would then be need to report important stuff to gidion. (Maybe leave the "we are flanging the plot rituals" to gidion)
March 14, 2016 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

>>> poor gidion really is run of his feet.

Yep - that is an issue. One person can only be in one place at a time...

I agree that having one or two people around who can also do things like ref "small" rituals, administer Down-Times, brief crew, be available for rules questions and things along those lines is a good idea.

The system does have a few "refs in training" and a couple of non-Gideon folk who have run events. But not everyone knows who they are... Perhaps something as simple as pointing those people out before Time In would help take some of the pressure off Gideon?

March 15, 2016 at 2:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.