Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > Rules Discussion and Ideas > New Rules: Social Rank/Groups

Gideon
Site Owner

Good Morning,

We have had over 30 characters back so far which is amazing!

However, I have had some trouble with Social Rank

1 - It looks like most people have been ignoring recalculating thier SR without taking into account the new rules for building SR buildings, I suppose however that this would be extremely difficult, but I would have assumed that it would be recalculated from 1. However, if people have other ideas then I shall have a think.

2 - When looking at your new SR, don't forget that Titles no longer give you +5

3 - If you are a member of a group please remember to list that. Currently, we have I think two or three groups listed, but people aren't saying if they are in a group, so its making it hard to keep track of were SR is coming from.

Thank you for your help.

Gideon

January 13, 2017 at 6:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

It looks like constructing a single SR structure costs the character 1/2 their SR?

Is that intended to be the SR of the Mason, or of the character whose SR is being increased?

If I've got a SR of 6, and I build myself a +1 SR structure, I spend 3 SR, to gain 1, with a net loss of 2?

Is the idea that you can build(for example) a single structure that grants +10 SR, and only pay the "1/2 SR" penalty once, as it's a single structure?

Is it legit to "weaponise" Mansions?

Can I build +1 SR Mansions for other people, and half their SR each time?

;)

January 13, 2017 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

I will erata that so its clearer (why do people never notice this stuff in the month its been up for checking? ;-P)

The general idea is that you have to spend half the social rank of the person (rounded up) it is being built for in Build points.

The idea being that it doesnt take much to make something grander than a hovel, but adding anything of note to versailles that stands out is tougher.

January 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Cool - so a +1 SR building for a character who already has 6 SR would require 3 Build Points, but for a character with 20 SR it'd cost 10 Build Points. Makes sense that it works on a sliding scale.

January 13, 2017 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.