Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > Rules Discussion and Ideas > Rules/World Spec

Gideon
Site Owner

First Rules: Pete this is aimed largely at you, you had some idea's about multi use, of skills (such as steady hands) could you please remind me what your thoughts where?

Thank You

Secondly, I am updating the world Spec. There are a whole bunch of things that have come up recently. (The Fey city of merchants and other such things), if you can think of anything can you please just let me know, Im sure not all of it will make it in, but I'll try to explain why it doesnt if thats the case.

Still a lot of world to build.

June 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

More-or-less that any skill which gives you a re-pull (Steady Hands, It-Ain't Over, Awakener etc) gives you one re-pull "per encounter", recharging with a 5 minute rest.

Characters can buy these skills multiple times and thus get the ability to make multiple re-pulls during a given encounter (though not for the same surgery / spell / whatever).

_

Pete

June 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dan_The_Hat

The alliance isnt in the world spec.....? are we cutting that out? Plus why are the Iron Guard?

--

July 1, 2013 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Some bits and bobs that may be suitable for the World Doc.

Everyone should feel more than free to shout/speak up if any of the ideas I've jotted down here contradicts anything that other folk have got going on.

_

Pete

---

Melnisian stuff

A few Houses

The House of Beasts: A “third tier” house – not on a par with the true Great Houses of Melnisia. The members of this house have proven more approachable than many. Whilst still aggressive and willing to spill the blood of those who stand against them, the House of Beasts seem open to the possibility of strengthening their own standing through alliance rather than all out conquest.

The House of Vines: Considered strange, even by the standards of Melnisian Houses. The House of Vines concerns themselves with growing things. They number many Alchemists and thrive on trading their services to the other Houses. Whilst they are known for not using many slaves in their endeavours they do seem to view most living creatures as nothing but a potential source of compost for their treasured plants.

The House of Wax: Once known as the House of a Thousand Stings. This House, long ago, was engaged in House War. On the edge of defeat they did the unthinkable: Rather than standing and dying with pride, they fled. No sign of the House has been seen for centuries. The name of the House has become synonymous with cowardice and is used as an insult.

The Abbeys

Scattered through the Melnisian lands are places of study and learning, known as Abbeys.

The Abbeys provide instruction in various arts ~ ritualism, scholarship, alchemy, tactics etc.

In theory every Abbey is staffed by Melnisians who have ritualistically foresworn their ties to the House which birthed them and, therefore, the Abbeys are considered Neutral territory – under the control of no House.

Supposedly the Abbeys are sacrosanct and stand apart from the constant turmoil of Melnisian Politics. Reality however is quite different: Many Abbeys have fallen to attacks from Houses that sought advantage from territory or resources held. Some are known to be partisan, and to almost openly serve a House. Others engage in politics to advance their own standing and influence.

The Abbey of Marrows Deep stands at the site of a great battlefield where the armies of Seven Great Houses once fought a war that lasted for 3 months and where alliances were constantly shifting and betrayal was rife. The Abbey of Marrows Deep was constructed by order of the Emperor and originally staffed by 21 Melnisians, 3 taken from each of the 7 Houses involved in the war. The Brothers and Sisters of the Abbey care for the souls of those who fell upon the battlefield ~ their ritual arts hold the souls, whose bodies have long since rotted and crumbled to dust, in thrall. The Souls serve as instructors in the arts of battle: Some sit within suits of armour and wield weapons to drill young soldiers. Others whisper in the ears of trainee officers, providing tuition about subjects such as supply lines or siege engineering.

Many Houses are willing to pay highly for Mamlucks (slave-warriors) who have been trained at the Abbey of Marrows Deep.

The Abbey at Rainbow Vale is famous for being a place where no slaves are permitted. The Abbey at Rainbow Vale provides instruction in ritualism and philosophy to those who attend. But there are very few who do, for only pure blooded Melnisians who agree to the Abbey’s ban on slaves are permitted. This strange stance has led to the Abbey at Rainbow Vale being considered “odd” by Melnisian society. Over the years the Abbey has been attacked many times, though never successfully. Attackers have generally been defeated by strange happenstance ~ a seemingly freak storm, a landslide in a previously stable part of the mountain range in which the Abbey is situated and the like. Then, almost inevitably, Houses who have attacked the Vale have suffered other setbacks. Unusually for Melnisians the Abbots of the Abbey have never claimed any hand in these events, stating that their Neutrality is sacrosanct. Very few believe these statements. The Rainbow Vale itself is said to be a place of great beauty. A mountain valley bathed in continual spring. Within the Abbey is said to be a great clock which, just before midnight every night, spins backward so that the same day repeats over and over again within the valley. No one knows why this is, though the most popular rumour is that a prophecy says the Abbey will fall on a specific day, and that this prevents that day from ever arriving.

--

Lorian Stuff

Elba is a small island nation. After the Great Western War tore a continent apart the victorious nations formed The Alliance to ensure peace and prosperity in its aftermath. Napoleon, leader of the vanquished army, was exiled to Elba and sentenced to imprisonment. Four years after his arrival upon the island Elba was attacked and Napoleon set free. Before The Alliance could react to news of his freedom Napoleon established himself as Emperor of Elba and set defences in place. The first Avalonian Frigate to make port in Elba was turned away (unharmed) and, ever since then, the fractious nature of the internal politics of The Alliance has prevented any move being made upon the island.

--

Gate Stuff

The Tadfield Gazette Appears to be a newspaper that contains stories and reports of activities from the various worlds joined by the forest. Nothing is known about how, why or where these papers are produced...

July 2, 2013 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

(After a long wait)

World spec up dated, will be up later this evening.

August 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

Or not.

Waiting for a proof read, and after the last day event there is actualy another update needed!

Be patient people... the Rule Book is next!

September 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlotte Hislop

Do you want me to write up stuff about my lil part of the world? And send it to you

--

Sometimes you have to let go other times you have to hold on tight and fight til your last breathe

September 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Qwerty
What about a vallenstock draft from me?
--

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future

September 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

People, anything you can send me would be wonderful (though may be edited to better fit bits of the gameworld your unaware of as yet.

The World spec, is however currently edited, thanks to Kath for the spelling checks. All remaining errors are entirely my own!

September 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Qwerty
What can i say, i have a vested interest in vallenstock. It is my despotic baby. Nikoli, alexi and of course Gideon have developed it fqr but, so much more to do.
--

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future

September 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlotte Hislop

Gideon at September 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

People, anything you can send me would be wonderful (though may be edited to better fit bits of the gameworld your unaware of as yet.

The World spec, is however currently edited, thanks to Kath for the spelling checks. All remaining errors are entirely my own!

Erm...wouldn't that be the secretary's job?

I know the important part is that it is done and up asap for all the players but still not happy.

September 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
Sorry Charlotte, Kath was on hand, so I just asked. As it was just spelling I didn't even think of it like that.
September 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner

There is another update to the World Spec. 

Folk, the mercenary Nether Isles have been added.

November 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.